DEPARTMENT OF POSTS, INDIA
O/o the Supdt. of POs, Namakkal Division, Namakkal 637002
No. B1 /4-9/ 12 dated at Namakkal 637002 the 06.07.2012
All HPM and SPMs/OAs in Namakkal division
Sub: Selection for Two posts of Instructor in PTC, Madurai–Reg.
Volunteers for the post of Instructor, PTC, Madurai is called for. The official eligible for appointment as Instructor should possess the following qualifications:-
1. He/She should preferably be a graduate and if possible with some teaching experience, knowledge of Hindi may be considered as an additional qualification.
2. Consideration Zone for selection of Instructor shall cover IP/IRM, Postal/Sorting Assistants also with a Minimum of eight years service upto and including LSG cadre (non Postmaster Grade Officials).
3. He/She should have personality with smart appearance, well dressed, neat, tidy and methodical in work
4. He/She should not be more than 52 years of age.
5. He/She should have good knowledge of Departmental Rules and Procedures /Departmental Software and other software being used in Post offices and very fluent in speaking English/Hindi.
6. He/She should have aptitude for the job.
The post of Instructor carries a Training allowance of 15% of basic pay. The Volunteers must have good command over English. Computer Literacy and knowledge of typing will be additional qualifications. Instructors are expected to take additional activities like mess management, library work and trainee’s welfare. They are also required to prepare training materials apart from the class room assignments. They will be provided with Rent-free Quarters either type II or type III. The selected officials should compulsorily reside in the PTC campus.
The officials who are likely to retire or due for promotion within four years need not apply. The tenure of Instructors will be normally a period of 4 years. The selected officials should be ready to join the institution immediately. Withdrawal of candidature after selection or during the period of tenure will not be considered on any account.
The applicants are informed that there would be a screening test to test the knowledge of the applicants on Departmental rules and computer and on their ability to present the subjects, etc.
Applications can be had from this office on request. Last date for applications to reach DO, Namakkal: 24.07.2012
This may please be brought to the notice of all eligible officials working in your office including those who are on leave, deputation, training etc without fail.